Sunday, January 14, 2018

International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry

The history of the Internal Solvay Institutes started in 1911, with the first Solvay Conference on Physics. In view of the success of the 1911 conference, the Institute of Chemistry was created in 1913 by Ernest Solvay. Ernest Solvay was Belgium chemist, industrialist, and philanthropist who in the 1860sm developed the ammonia prices for the manufacture of sodium carbonate, widely used in the production of glass and soap.

The Institute of Chemistry fused in 1970 with Institute of Physics to become The Institute International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry.

The Solvay International Conferences on Physics are held every three to five years. Organized by the International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry located in Brussels, they are noted for their role in stimulating advances in atomic and quantum physics.
International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The most popular articles

Other articles around the world

  • Sodium ions are the major cations of extracellular fluid. The requirement for sodium is not well defined, but human dietaries generally contain more sodium...
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a condition which can have major effects on the life of both the sufferer and their family members. Previous researc...
  • Electronic business (e-business) can be defined as the use of the internet to network and empower business processes, electronic commerce, organizational c...